Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Time with my son

On Sat and Sunday I got to spend some quality time with Thomas.

Sat. we used the big tractor up at the NVLL field that was mowing it for parking on Sunday when the big end of the season picnic was held. Thomas did a good job helping me to drive. We spent a lot of time there.

afterwards we sat around home some and just had some good father son time in the garage. He set the train to run some. I just watched some. VERY good quality Dad time. Fathers Day came early I guess.

And Ryan has a new place to skate and I went and watched him for a little. Also good. He is talented and wants to get better. He dropped into a big half pipe when it was his turn and ran a few good moves but not the high flying stuff yet. Still a little ways to go to get the speed needed to do long grinds etc.

Nice to be there for him. He has a new passion for War-Hammer stuff. I have helped them make a playing field on a part of plywood that was the old tabletop skate ramp. A road and bridge over a river. A hill that Thomas and I made from paper with flower and water. Basic crafting. We even used basic water color paints. But it worked. They play the game on the board with the other kids on the street. Glad to help them have a good time.

Now back to work for me. The kids are ok. And school lets out for the summer soon.

No comments: