Monday, February 11, 2008

MDRA - annual party

On Sat. (Feb 9th) the Marina Del Rey Anglers (my fishing club) had it's annual Awards Dinner. It was held at DRYC (my boating club) clubhouse. It was a chance for me to invite a few friends from MDRA down to my boat for a drink and give them a little tour of the boat. (she thought he was so cute he should be in movies) Dinner went very well.

A good surprise was a fishing friend form the past. Glenn. He was the one who took Ryan for his first boat ride when Ryan was just a few weeks old. And he was with Richard who took my family out fishing when Thomas was just weeks old.

Trish was out of town, so my buddy for the night was Thomas. He and I dressed and attended the soirée in similar attire with black button down shorts left open over white T's and black slacks and dark ties. The kick was fun shoes. He was the hit of the party for Greg Belda's date. It was a fun dinner and good to see everyone at a happy event.

I am proud to say I my brother Carl received the spoils for having submitted the weight slips over a successful fishing year. First Tuna Flag. First Albacore Flag. Plaque for this and another for that... Then Angler Of The Year!

My February weight slip was recognized for Catch of the Month and received a commemorative plaque for a Released Marlin on 12 # test line.

The many volunteers received certificates of appreciation for various deeds and efforts. My two were for volunteering to the Youth Fishing Program (being a mentor on youth trips) and in services to the MDR Halibut Derby. They have a spot on the wall for now.

Now if the fishing would just pick up. Jeffrey and I have to get our halibut fishing skills up before the derby. He and I have our new 2008 fishing licenses and just need to go out on the water and use them.

Happy Fishing Dad... Keith <"><

No comments: