Monday, August 25, 2008

Local Marlin Fishing. 3 Marlin in 3 days fishing!

I was just out the boat Non-Taxing. Great Weekend. The water conditions were terrific for fishing.

On Friday David Fine got a Marlin. It was a long and hard fight and there were some tough moments as it came to gaff. He needed to weigh in for his fish as a “Button Fish” as a new Tuna Club member. But we got it. It was very late in the day by then… So after a quiet and peaceful sleep in Cat Harbor we got up early and on Saturday morning ran down to Avalon to weigh it in on the Green Pier. By that time it weighed in at just 123 lbs.

We ran back up on the inside to return to the fishing grounds near the 152 spot. That afternoon Carl got one in to release on Saturday afternoon in 12 minutes on 20# Dacron line. We spent the night at Santa Barbara Island. We had a dinner of Braised Chicken. David did the prep. work, I did the tending on the built in BBQ. Soy burns very well. Chicken fat burns well. I had to resort to swim mask to take the smoke. LOL.

Sunday we returned to the fishing grounds. We had even better weather. Another guest on board, Bret, got a Marlin on Sunday in just 9 minutes on 20# Dacron line.

That is three fish in just three days out. I'm happy to be able to say I was part of the team. When I was the man in the cockpit and on the spot the fish just did not strike for me.

A hot tip... Zucchini color for the lures. There are Dorado under the paddies and the bait of fresh live mackerel did not get the hot hits we had hoped for. Not on the drop back and not on the tail'ers we tossed too. And I had several marlin that I tossed fresh live bait too. No joy. All three fish were on lures.

Non-Taxing may have earned the First Marlin Flag for MDRA. But not biggest Marlin. Not Last Marlin.

Hopefully I can get one on Ramblin’ in the near future.


Keith L. -<"><

No comments: