Friday, November 18, 2011

Upcoming holiday notes...

GIVING THANKS
In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies. For more than two centuries, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by individual colonies and states. It wasn't until 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November.

A few years ago we did a family trip to Florida for a Thanksgiving Holiday. Ended up at a sports bar in Datona Beach where they were having holiday dinner of a big turkey leg and all the fixin's for a rather affordable deal price. We all had a nice vacation and toured the new places.



What will this next Thanksgiving be...

I'll remember the important things and be Thankful for my life and the blessings around us.

I have a new Grand Niece.
I have a Son in College. ( Boise State )
I have a Son on the Water Polo team ( Venice H S )
- and likely the Baseball and basketball teams as well.
I have some good friends
I have a supportive family.
- Mom, Sisters, Brother etc.

Just a few of the things I'm Thankful for.

Keith

1 comment:

Keith L said...

Thomas and I got dressed up for Thanksgiving with Grandma and Grandpa. He asked me to dress up as he was putting on a suit. So I did. And then I suggested we where hats too. It was cool. Thomas has a good fashion sense. We almost looked like the Blues Brothers as we arrived.

Kristen was there and also had a hat. So we took a few photos posing with Gorgeous George.

My sister Rosemary was there with her husband Lyle. My brother and his wife and their kids joined us. It was good quality family time.

We turned off the TV and visited. The the last Football game of the day was put on after many had gone. So we really got to renew our connections. Nice.

Very thankful for Family.

Keith