Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Trivia of the day - Noosphere

Maybe you or I can use this new word in Scrabble someday.

Word of the Day... noosphere

PRONUNCIATION... (NOH-uh-sfeer)

MEANING... noun: The sum of human knowledge, thought, and culture.

ETYMOLOGY: From French noƶsphere, from Greek noos (mind) + sphere. Earliest documented use: 1930.

USAGE:
"This avalanche of information is threatening to swallow us whole, to waste our days and to overwhelm our own thoughts. Essentially, it's the noosphere on steroids."

Frank Bures; Digitized to Distraction; National Post (Canada); Nov 15, 2008.

Ha. This leads credence to this sticker I saw...
the quote said... "The Internet makes you Stupid."


Less time on Facebook may save me from myself. Now to accomplish that. How to pull myself away from the tempting titillation of the noosphere?

I post about my dog. About the sunset. About stuff. Isn't my life's trivialities a riveting topic for everyone else? Oh boy that works for this blog too. How true is that.

Will make a post next about my New Years Resolutions. Will I include Facebooking less? Let's see.


More later.

Keith

No comments: