Monday, August 12, 2013

Golf with Ryan

Fun Stuff...

So my son, Ryan, comes over.  I feed him and he is all set to "chill" for a while.  Then he suggests we go play golf.  I say... Hmmm my clubs are all the way over at my SM storage and ...  Then he says "I've got two sets of clubs in the car."

I have no way out.  Yes you can talk me into going to play on a Saturday afternoon.  Forget going to work on the boat or clean or do whatever is was that I was thinking of doing.

We picked a nice green course for a fun 9 holes of father and son time (the Lakes in El Segundo). We shared a bucket of balls.  Then walked the 9 hole course.  He loaned me Grandpa George's old clubs.  Even though it was a limited set and very whippy shafts I managed to out play the whippersnapper just fine.  Felt great to play and relax.  Fine blue sky day. 

First two holes just us.  He had a significant lead after two.  Teamed up with a youthful couple for a foursome.  They were a hoot.  Then I finally got a few shots together and he hit a few over the green etc.  We were neck in neck.  Really was nice.

I'm making this post so that I do not forget the day.

K  ^.  .^

No comments: