Wednesday, June 11, 2014

With Father's Day approaching - wistful moment

Just a few days from Fathers Day.

I recall the flood of emotions that I enjoyed with the birth of each of my fine sons. They are healthy and beautiful people.  Sweet examples of my family with traits that I can see going back generations.

My early years as Dad were great.  We did stuff.  I worked hard to be with them.  Building a back yard swing set and encouraging them to be strong and capable men by being good strong and outgoing boys that knew they could do stuff for themselves.  So many little things that add up over time.

The little boys are now young men.  21 and 17.  Both driving and dating and figuring out that school is for them and not for me or their mom.  Surprise!

Back to the Good-Ol'-Days 

Here is a old photo that recalls a very happy Dad memory for me.


I had engineered the slide to be on a big hinge so that we could easily lift it.  Good for putting it into the inflatable pool and giving a fun splash at the end of the slide.  This was a great day for them and for me to watch their joy and jubilance.

One of many happy times.  With luck they will pay me a visit on Fathers Day.

I had to stake that swing down hard to the ground.  They played hard.

A sample of a Happy Dad moment from 2001 I think.

Keith

No comments: