Tuesday, July 08, 2014

In Remembrance of my Dog

Jon and Jen Cascarart gave me a star named after my Winzer dog.   A nice way to remember him.

Now where is Star number 2976 0789 in Constellation Lynx?  The certificate says:

"Winzer - In Honor of Winzer, Loyal Friend, & Faithful Companion, Passionate Ball Fetcher."

I like this little thoughtful gesture.  It is heartfelt and permanent.  Another very heartfelt gesture is a neighbor that gave us a bouquet of flowers.  Followed up by Carolene saving the rose petals to do a service at sea this weekend.  It was moving for me.  I needed to find a place to let it out for my dog and my grieving over his end.  I will miss him.  I loved him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(constellation) gives the star constellation a bit of meaning.  The Celestial Address of 8 hours, 1 minutes, 58.796 seconds and a declination of +41 degrees, 38 minutes, 59.69 seconds at Epoch 2000 is more technical.  But it is the address like a latitude & Longitude.  And as boring to read as the lot description on a title report.  Ha.

link to star gazing site -  www.wikisky.org/

I was surprised that I liked to zoom in to get closer to Winzer.


He had a good retirement with my family.  A yard.  Care and baths and good feed.  Lots of play.  He may have been a working dog with a career as a drug or bomb sniffer or maybe a rescue search dog.  I learned recently that often when they retire a working dog they do the flattening of the four canine teeth.  Winzer had that.  I often would work on learning that past.  Never figured out the past name.  Never figured out any of his past training.  But...  His desire for finding something hidden was tops.  His waggy tail was most vigorous when looking for a hidden treasure.  And the reward he likely got when he searched out the desired item was likely a tennis ball.

Winzer was tooo kind to be a police dog.  But his nose really Knows!

He had a very nice sofa bed and plenty of treats at the end.

Thank you to Brentwood VCA Animal Hospital.  Thank you to the Dogromat on Venice.  Thank you to Philip Butcher of His Masters Voice dog training.

No comments: