Thursday, February 02, 2006

A good Sat. with kids

I had a really great day with the kids on Sat.
It was early Nov. and a sunny day. After letting them just play and have a pancake breakfast with Moms best breakfast, we managed to get to go out and play catch at the park.

Thomas and two neighbor kids. The four of us got to hang out at the park and play. I do not even mind that I got a work call for a plumbing item in NYC that needed to be handled. (did a major delegate uphill on that one)

Cody was a little older and when the two little ones wanted to play on the playground equipment, Cody and I got to Throw some faster balls. A nice work out.

Then it happened on the way home... Thomas said he wanted to sign up for baseball next season!

Yessss! The next day we went up to the ball field where they were doing the early sigh up and got the forms taken care of. North Venice L. L. is a well run division of this division. They have a snack bar and I as a parent will have to volunteer to work in it. It is fun in the big schema of things.

I am SO relieved that Thomas has not given up on team sports. His brother in 7th grade is into skateboarding and no sports. How can a Dad cheer that on. He wants to do street skating. Thomas is trying to follow the skate thing to. But has not learned to do the tricks yet.

that's the good word for my blog for Nov. 2005

No comments: