Thursday, May 22, 2014

I wish to be the man my dog thinks I am. - TBT

My Throw Back Thursday post today on FBook needs to be replicated here.  This very cool and very old quote came to mind today...   " I wish to be the man my dog thinks I am. "


This morning I was so happy that he got a full breakfast and stood there the whole time. I had to help him only a little. He is a really good dog. Loved him up and played with him this morning. 

Here is a photo of my boy back in June of 2007 when I took in this stray wandering my street and eventually became a dog owner. He has been a very happy part of our family for 6 years 11 months 13 days.



This is the one I used in my Lost Dog flier I posted on all the telephone poles around etc. Eventually the boys were attached. 

This is from one of the very few times that Winzer was upstairs in the bedrooms of our house.  (6/2009) He was coaxed up onto the bed by Thomas and I so we could get into Ryan's space and wake up the sleepy head.  Of course the real reason is that Ryan can't get mad at the dog.  No one can be anything but happy with Winzer.  He is such a sweet dog.
It worked.  He did have a happy morning that day!  Thomas is a really good one with animals of all types.  So sweet and emphatic.  Both of them actually. Ryan eventually worked at a dog day care and succeeded due in part to his training with Winzer.


And I was smitten too. He had a Ball Fixation.  Any ball was a target of a very laser like attention. He loved to pay and fetch so much.  It was/is his addiction. GSD's are great!

Good with kids.  Loving and kind with little kids.  He liked to toss the tennis ball to a new person to get a bit of play out of someone new.  His way of making friends.

#germanshepherd

Happy to have him in my life.

KL ^.  .^


PS: have found a source for a dog wheelchair and will get it this weekend.
He suffers from... Canine degenerative myelopathy.   :-( 

No comments: