Thursday, April 14, 2005

Road Trip - to see In-laws

It is Thursday and I haven’t posted in a few. Boys are well.

Thomas Is doing Kenpo OK. Missed a Baseball practice. Did have a few good days.

Ryan has bought a Outboard and we took it in to be checked out at Regency Boats. Then made a big deal about getting an X-Box. I helped him withdraw the funds and take trips to the store to get it. (One store was out of stock and we had to return the next day. Ryan hated this delay. Dad just had to shop for the best deal.) But I did not let him play it as he needs to finish a school project first. Good progress was made and he did cooperate.

Ryan did not complain (much) when I made him pay for parts on his outboard. He is just now reaching the limits of the $450 in Halibut Derby Prize money. I feel it is his money to spend. He earned it and I’ve been encouraging he use his funds wisely. Buying an asset like an Inflatable and Outboard motor is a wise choice.

Top quality Fun and top end Responsibility. He is growing up and I can not give him the motorcycle and space to ride that many other kids have and want. ( I had a Trailhopper minibike as a kid.) Boating is our thing now.

Back when I was little we lived near water and did sailing etc. Lake Barcroft was a cool place to grow up. Ryan gets that in a way at the club in MDR where he can sail his sabot and out at Catalina where he can be free to explore and play on his own. He feels free and confident there as we have been there many times with Uncle Carl and with Indian Guides trips.

This weekend we are off to Palm Springs for a family gathering of my Wife’s Clan. Road Trip.

Next weekend is Camping. Road Trip! Then maybe a trip to Cat Harbor for the work weekend. Boating trip?!

I’ll be out of town, so no posts until Monday or later.

My fish wish for the weekend. That the family gets along this weekend.

No comments: