Tuesday, October 23, 2012

fair is and is not a shared goal


fair
fair, fair·er, fair·est, fair·er, fair·est,


1.  free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.

2.  legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight.

3.  moderately large; ample: a fair income.

4.  neither excellent nor poor; moderately or tolerably good: fair health.

5.  marked by favoring conditions; likely; promising: in a fair way to succeed



Today I spent a bit if time with attorneys.  This was attorneys that are billing me for their time.  And today the word fair is not one one gets to use.  The other side does not want fair.  If that were the case the case would not be asking for a Trial Date come Tuesday.  But there we are.  Here we are.  It's very heartrending.

The whole enterprise.  Being nice is such a better way to be.


Thought:
"Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness."
-  George Sand 


So I may lose some in the case.  But I had some good things that led me to be to this point.  I will treasure those good things. 

But I am also moving on.  The offer of Mediation and fairness has been squandered.  If the other party does not want "fair" I can not make it happen.  I'll just let the judge decide what he thinks is a fair share and accept that.  It's the american legal system.  And California is a Community Property State.  50% each.  (AFTER ATTORNEYS FEES)

I'd better say less than more...  But if one wants to be fair in a divorce their are mediators that make it fair and cost far less in emotional and financial distress.

I truly hate to throw away money.  Being forced to flush money down the toilet is not fair.  Not Nice.

IMHO

Keith

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My heart is feeling your pain. Love, love , love.
Be well in spirit.