Monday, May 23, 2005

Good weekend and hardly felt the heat.

It’s Monday night and I’m winding down…

Hot kid news. Sat morning Thomas and his “Farm Dodgers” did very well. They came from behind and pulled another win out. Trish was not there but Grandma and Grandpa George were able to see Thomas slide in to home plate. Two times he got to step on home plate in the 13 to 10 victory over the pirates.

We went down to the club and hung out by the pool and stayed cool on a very hot day in LA. Weatherman was impressed with the heat.

I found out how the wires look under the center console of the boat. Grandpa had some sage advice when I shorted and sparked. Ha! But at least I know now what to get and what it needs to do and where it draws power from.

Then Sunday, after a shopping spree, Thomas and I spent some quality time doing boat repairs together. He and I soldered and did electrical work. Together we wired in three courtesy lights on its’ own switch. I related some of the circut to his toy science kit that turns moters and lights on a snap on board.

Thomas told me it was fun to work on the boat. I agree so wholeheartedly! It really is. It warmed my heart to hear him say that out of the blue. We worked so well together that we cept at it until dusk. (A little too late for a school night. He He He)

Ryan and I used to have moments like that in Indian Guides. Thomas is not interested in IG or Cub Scouts. But he is interested in engineering and such.

Now if we can get the AM/FM/CD radio to work. Thomas is just the right size to get inside the tight space and hand wires out and hold things while I tighten nuts… Gotta get him back down there this week!

Friday Ryan and I leave for Catalina. Saturday Thomas and Trish follow with Carl and Francyne and Kristen on the big boat.

Hmmm got to get busy.

If you want to See Thomas and his baseball experience…
On webshots. Boring stuff unless you are family.

No comments: