Sunday, March 20, 2005

Supporting the team with a web site full of photos

Yes, I am a dedicated Little League father...

I worked a few hours on the web page for the baseball team my son is on. Got them a sponsor. Organized the photos into pages for the different games and opening day.

see http://www.venicesuites.com/nvll/Dodgersindex.htm

Then sent a email out to the parents that asked for more photos.

In response I got a Flame email telling me to get a life.

Dooh.

I got a life. I'm a doting father to two sons. I am a fisherman. I am into residential real estate and busy with my home and legal wrangling over a lot line and practice Kenpo. Go to church and try to be the best husband I can be. This person does not know me. Nor does he want to. He just wants to tell me what???

He obviously looked at the web page. He took the time to write the email. But to what end does it help him to send me a flame email and call me names. It makes him feel better to take me down a notch maybe? It did make me spend more brain time on the issue.

I was asked what this Blog does for me by my brother-in-law.

My father made comments from the other end of the spectrum. That he wished he had a way to do the same thing for his feelings of fatherhood that he could share with his son's years later. I did Indian Guides with him in 1967. He still reminds me of "Pals Forever".

Back to Baseball

Well I want to give the kids of the Farm Dodgers a place to see photos of themselves. I want to contribute to the parents a little of what I can do... Web pages.

It really does no good to take photos if you do not display them. So some parents and grand parents may see the happy faces of the boys and get to share in the joys of baseball. Maybe some of the boys will find the photos in a year or to and be happily reminded of a good time. Hopefully some parents will download to their PC's shots that have their kids in it.

That makes it worth it.

Just ask Thomas.


Or his Grandpa in VA.

No comments: