Thursday, March 17, 2005

Win some – don’t win some

Well it was not a winner day in the mandatory court mediation in the legal case between my neighbor over the fence and lot line issues. Wore out a day and made a mess of my head. He won’t have my driveway gate touch his fence. No options. Maybe just have to let a judge hear the case.

But on the Dad side it was much better... I sat in the big bed with my two sons and the three of us just had some very cool guy time. We watched Junk Yard Wars as they built mud buggies and raced them.

They talked about what one they would want to drive. And we tickled and tussled and wrestled etc. It was special.

So as a Dad, it was a winner of a day after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fine write-up, Son. Well written and VERY worth keeping as a historial journal . . . to be especially appreciated (by Sons & family) in years to come.

Keep it up - as long as it does not become TOO demanding.

Wouldn't you have enjoyed something like this about you an Carl & DAD years ago . . . Indian Guides, Little League, Camping, muntain hiking, etc. ??? Check photos!

Keith L said...

Thanks. I needed some encouragement. So I will not whine about my problems here on this Blog. I will write for the benifit of the boys and myself.

Sorta like talking to the bartender in the old days. When the men could unwind a little before coming home to the wife and noisy kids.